The green beauty scene has expanded in the last five years more than anyone ever imagined. With interests piqued in all things natural and clean, supply met demand—virtually overnight. When I started this page in 2013, the list included all of 10 websites. Now, there are more than 60!
Here you will find websites and brands that consider most of these a priority:
- Sustainable, organic, and/or natural ingredients
- Fully disclose ingredients lists
- Maintain ethical and transparent business practices, to the best of our knowledge
- Fair trade
- Animal-friendly, cruelty-free
- Contribute to a worthy cause
- Niche, artisanal brands
Certification on products is always a plus but is not always possible or cost effective.
To find out more about each website, please click on the name of the shop.
Spirit Beauty Lounge
Truth in Aging**/****
- Most of these websites ship internationally
- Some sites offer affiliate programs & shopping perks
- Sign up on their mailing lists for exclusive coupon codes and offers
**Not exclusively natural but many fine choices
***Brick & mortar locations
****Give an excellent overview/glossary of toxic ingredients to avoid
Have I missed any? Please share in the comments. I love discovering new eco-worthy sites.